Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little story about HLHS babies...

I came across this story a few days ago, and just had to share it with you all. It's just so precious...

It’s a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is gathering his baby angels to send to earth and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus, “I don’t want to leave. I love it here and I will miss you.” He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be fine and that this is just a visit.
The tiny angel is still not swayed on this idea so Jesus kneels down and says, “How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?” The angel smiles and says, “I guess that will work.” But the little angel is still a little scared. She asks,”Will I be okay with only half of my heart?” Jesus replies, “Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help, and will love you so much.”
Then Jesus gives the tiny angel more details about His plan. He says, “When you are born, your mommy will be scared so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday. When its time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves.”

2 comments:

  1. I remember posting that precious poem on my own blog after learning of our Mary Clare's HLHS diagnosis. I also remember searching the web for positive information and "happy ending" HLHS stories, which, sadly can be difficult to find. Mary Clare is my 21 month old baby girl who has had her Norwood (1st surgery) and Glenn (2nd surgery) and is doing exceptionally well, as well as any other terribly temperamental, terrible two! Our lives have forever been changed, but for the better. We couldn't remember life before HLHS and I couldn't ask for a better life!

    I love getting in touch with other heart mommies, so feel free to email me or stop by our blog to see how beautifully Mary Clare is doing. It can be a scary road, but one that many of us have traveled. I'd be glad to help.

    Kerri Pennington
    Mommy to Mary Clare
    www.babypennington.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Miss Ella is so blessed to have such a wonderful Mommy in her life. We are keeping all 4 of you in our prayers. I love you girl and can't wait to see that beautiful little girl that is going to be every bit as feisty as her Mamma! Please let us know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete